Thursday, August 3, 2017

Hawaiian Fest July 29, 2017




I'm a little late getting to this, but I've been working on a number of things, and I just hadn't gotten to pulling photos off the camera until now. Then again, this wasn't a big event so there wasn't as much pressure for running the entry before now. The open space in front of Lotteria and the Yamakataya department store hosted their semi-annual Hawai'ian Festa. In the past, this has included performers from Hawai'i, but this time we just get some vendors with themed products, and performances by many of the local dance schools over three days, last weekend. You can see how many dance schools participated on the schedule board above.





I've seen this kind of thing many times before. The dancers are at the amateur level still, but they are dedicated. I didn't bother taking video, and only stopped by on Saturday long enough for a few photos.

No comments: