Sunday, February 11, 2018

Microscope Figure




I don't think it's any secret that I like math and science. I don't have as much here as I do over at my Gakken kits blog, but it's not like I'm trying to hide it from anyone. So, there I am in the capsule ball dispenser machine section on the 5th floor of Amu Plaza, and I see the machine dispensing little plastic microscopes for 300 yen. They only come in 2 colors. And yeah, I had to get one for the blog.



It's kind of tall for the money, maybe 3" with the viewer pulled up. It does work - there's a little mirror underneath for illuminating the slide, 2 little plastic slides, the scope body, the lens holder and the lens cap.



I get the feeling that I overlooked the slides somehow. I thought I'd pulled everything out of the ball and put it in my bag before coming home, but when I assembled the microscope later, I couldn't find the slides. Either I accidentally threw them away with the discarded ball, or I never got them with the toy. Oh well. If I ever really need a microscope, I'll spring for the real thing.

No comments: